Friday, May 16, 2008

Blessings for Me in May!

Earlier this month was my 35th birthday. We celebrated by eating my favorite pizza, the everything loaded (minus anchovies & jalapenos) from Pizza King! It is the best pizza in the world. Thin crust, hardly any sauce or cheese, just tons and tons of toppings. I love, love, love, it! I have tried to duplicate that pizza at home to no avail. I just can't get it to taste the same. I must be missing the MSG or something! HA! We also had my favorite carrot cake with cream cheese icing!


***************************************************************
Here is a sweet poem that Callie wrote for me for my birthday:
***********************
My Mother is Darling
************************
My mother is so sweet and pretty,
She is a garden, like a lily.
She teaches me God's Word in my arms,
She helps me with my school.
If she's sick I'll lay a hand,
and help her get a drink.
She has such pretty hair,
her eyes are like a blue bird's feather.
I love her so,
and I will do everything she says.
Last Sunday on Mother's Day I took Callie and James to see a play put on by the local children's theater. It was James and the Giant Peach! That is one of their favorite movies so I just had to take them. I left the house in plenty of time to get there but then the theater was not located where I thought it was and we were a little late. That was really frustrating! But we really did enjoy it when we got there. I will have to take them to more of their productions.
Yesterday was Joshua's "official" 2nd birthday, although we are not having his party until tomorrow. I can't believe my little baby is this old. Sniff! Sniff! It was also my maternal great grandmother's birthday. I think it is neat they have the same birthday. She passed away when I was 16. She was such a dear sweet lady. I can't wait to see her again one day. I always have fond memories visiting her as a girl and eating her chocolate cake with pecans on top. I also remember she always would make jello with bananas cut up in them. I was passing through the town she lived in last Saturday and I drove by her old house. The people that live there now have painted it green with purple shutters. Simply Horrid! I really miss that house and all the memories there. After she passed away my grandmother lived there for years and I spent a lot of time with her there. I loved her old timey...deep bathtub with the claw feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones