Thursday, October 25, 2007

An Island Story

Wow, I am so excited to see the different places popping up on my hit map. You can see it on the left side of the page. Hello there in the United Kingdom....or is it The Republic of Ireland? It is hard to tell. But it's neat to have you view my page! I hope to come visit your countries one day.

This year we are reading a book called, An Island Story by H.E. Marshall. It tells the history of Great Britian. It's supposed to have been written for children, but I am learning so much from it too. You can also listen to it online here.

You might be wondering why we are learning about Great Britian's history first. Well, first of all it is on my Ambleside Online book list. :) I believe the reasoning is that since our country came out of England then it is our "mother country" so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones