Saturday, March 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Callie!


My sweet little daughter turned 7 last month. Here she is getting her breakfast in bed on her big day. She is getting old WAY too fast. I just brought her home from the hospital and now she has just informed me today that her favorite color is NOT pink anymore. Her entire life, her favorite color has been pink and now it is GREEN....this is a momentous step in the life of a girl. She wants to get rid of all her barbies and baby dolls (which by the way she has never really played with anyway) and wants to make her room into a jungle rain forest room. She begs me almost everyday for some sort of reptile as a pet. She really wants a snake.....Ewwwwww. I told her no way and she would have to settle for some jungly looking fish. We got her some but they soon died. So when Daddy gets the fish tank "just right" we will try to introduce more.


I'm so proud of her individuality and adventurous spirit. Or should I say independent mind....she says she is "independent" like Thomas Jefferson. She checked out a really cute book from the library called, "John, Paul, George, & Ben" by Lane Smith. It is a very humorous look at how our founding fathers might have acted as boys. She has read that book over and over again. In our homeschooling we have studied American History by reading living biographies of George Washington and Ben Franklin by Ingri and Parin D'Aulaire. We have enjoyed them so much.


Several months before her birthday when I asked her what kind of party she wanted she said,"Mom, can I have a presidents party....you know...we could decorate the house with all the presidents and you could put them on my cake!" Now THAT makes a homeschooling mother's heart proud! I had a good laugh over that one....not letting on to her that there was anything funny in that! Of course she soon changed her tune to wanting a jungle party..but hey... the thought was what counted, right :)


Since all but me were sick around her birthday, we had to postpone her party to a couple of weeks later but she had a wonderful time with her friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones