Thursday, April 17, 2008

Easter Smiles

Coconut....did you help the Easter bunny?


We had a very nice Easter this year. I heard a rumor that the Easter bunny got up at 2:00 in the morning to go out and put eggs all over the backyard. After going to church we came home to a yummy roasted lamb with veggies, gravy, and mint jelly! I never grew up eating lamb, it seems like we always had ham for Easter. But actually lamb is so much more significant in a religious sense being tied to passover and the symbolism of Jesus being the lamb of God that takes away our sins! I think the first time I ever had it, it was made by Justin's Mom or his Aunt Leuna. It is very expensive and was like $8 a lb, but hey....Easter comes but once a year so why not splurge a little. I've decided that we are going to make it an Easter tradition every year. I also made some of our other family favorites: green bean casserole and pina colada cake! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.









Coloring the Easter Eggs the day before Easter. This is alway a fun tradition I always did as a kid. There's just something about the smell of vinegar that takes me back to Easters of long ago!





Our Easter day slide show for your viewing pleasure:




No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones